Monday, March 29, 2010

What's in a name? That which we call a rose By anyother name would smell as sweet.....

Its been a while since I worked on a complex cake and finally got this opportunity. Aptly chosen for its sheer beauty and the attention it commands, I selected to make one of Peggy Porschen's amazing cakes with my own twist. I guess that was the easy bit!
Getting the color scheme and the roses right was an all together different ball game....specially the roses. For this 12inch square cake, I calculated approximately 170 roses would be needed and was close, I used up 168 of them! It took me over 2 days working over time on the roses... roll the fondant, cut cut cut and frill frill and again and again and again and again and again (I could go on and on and on and on!) until all were done. And then hang on, I couldn't just sit them on the cake, they had to be individually dusted with edible luster....hhhmmmmm! deep breath in and start again.
This is the final product...and very proud of the fact the roses came out well and the cake in all looked damn good.

No comments:

Post a Comment